If you have a project or a question you'd like to discuss, let us know! Our professionals will reply promptly to get you what you need.
Moosewood Millworks warrantees our flooring products from manufacturing defects caused by improper kiln drying, milling, or grading for a period of 90 days from the time of delivery to final retail customer.
This warranty is applicable to replacement of the defective material only in excess of 5% of the volume ordered and is exclusive of all other costs including: independent inspections, removal of defective material, transportation, installation, storage, and construction delays.
Moosewood Millworks warrantees the finish on our flooring products for a period of 50 years for normal residential use and 5 years for commercial applications*. This warranty does not cover indentations, scratches or damages caused by negligence, water damage, chemical or household product stains, abuse, extreme environmental conditions, improper maintenance, insufficient protection and failure to follow manufacturer's and third party distributor’s installation instructions. Installation must be in accordance to the procedures stipulated by NWFA. See NWFA.org
Installation of this product over radiant heat floors is covered under this warranty with the following stipulations.
- Only 2 1⁄4” and 3 1⁄4” sizes are covered.
- Humidity control in the home is practice year round to maintain a relative humidity of 35-55%..
- The heating system includes an outside temperature sensor.
- The temperature of the floor does not exceed 75 degrees.
- Gapping between boards is not covered under the warranty.
Circumstances that are not covered under warrantee:
- Damages due to improper customer transportation,
storage, moisture infiltration, installation,
or any other cause;
- Installing this product below grade;
- Adhering this product directly onto a concrete slab;
- Installing this product over radiant heat floors without following humidity control guidelines; or
- Applying additional finishes or maintenance material
over the factory finish.
Moosewood Millworks also warrantees the finish on our flooring products for a period of 50 years for normal residential use and 5 years for commercial applications*.
This warranty does not cover indentations, scratches or damages caused by negligence, water damage, chemical or household product stains, abuse, extreme environmental conditions, improper maintenance, insufficient protection and failure to follow manufacturer's and third party distributor’s installation instructions. The area of material effected must exceed 10% of the surface area.
INSTALLATION CONSTITUTES WARRANTY ACCEPTANCE
It is the responsibility of installer and homeowner to inspect and accept the hardwood flooring prior to installation. This includes the subfloor and conditions in the home with respect to Moosewood defined conditions, as per installation instructions.
If the flooring supplied does not satisfy the client in full, it must not be installed and the dealer must be notified immediately.
This decision, made by installer and/or homeowner should be made within the first 100 feet of material or 10% of the total footage, whichever is less. Industry standards allow for a tolerance of 5% .This must also be taken into consideration.
The installer must take into consideration all factors relative to a successful installation of our fine floors. This is to include proper storage and handling prior to job, evaluation and recording of all key points, humidity (RH), moisture content of flooring and subfloor, all factors of the actual home, as per NWFA instructions. Finally, the actual grade, color etc of the hardwood flooring considering that hardwood flooring is a natural product and can have variations in shading, color etc.
The quality of the installation of the flooring is ultimately the responsibility off the floor installer. Should the installer have proceeded with the installation and the consumer, for whatever reasons is not satisfied, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE INSTALLER.
* The warranty on Moosewood Millworks finish is provided by our finishing vendor and is underwritten by their independent insurance carrier. Any claims against this policy are to be initiated with the assistance of Moosewood Millworks Sales. Moosewood Millworks reserves the right to modify the terms of this warranty at any time.